Thank you for your interest in OutdoorsNB for your sea kayak training. We started the company in 2011 because of our passion for kayaking. That passion has transformed into a passion for teaching kayaking!
Our courses are Sanctioned by Paddle Canada, a nationally recognized paddling association. Maintaining certification in a national program ensures all info and techniques are current and up to date. This sport is ever evolving with techniques coming from all facets of the paddling industry: K1, C1, Recreational Canoe, White Water, Sea Kayaking, Flat Water Kayaking, Swift Water Rescue, Search and Rescue and Marine Navigation all play a role in developing the techniques we teach. It is important that we, as kayak coaches, be engaged in an international community that shares tips, tricks, techniques and information.
- ONB's Intro to Kayaking provides new kayakers the skills to build confidence and competence. Successful completion of this one-day course includes a Paddle Canada Introduction to Kayaking skills certificate. The basis of Paddle Canada's Kayaking programs.
- ONB's Basic Sea Kayaking provides kayakers with a slightly more in-depth and focused program geared to Sea Kayaking. Successful completion of this course includes a Paddle Canada Level 1 Sea Kayaking skills certificate.
- ONB's Coastal Sea Kayak is a focused look at navigating the coastal waters of the Bay of FUNdy. The program is typically held along coastal Charlotte County in New Brunswick and is run over 4 days.
- ONB's Intro to Kayaking Instructor provides paddlers (with an existing Paddle Canada Level 1) with a program to help them move into Paddle Canada Instructor status. Successful students will become certified Paddle Canada Intro to Kayaking instructors.
- ONB's pool clinics run fall to spring at Saint John NB's Canada Games Aquatic Center. We typically work on safety and rescue skills but can tailor each session as needed:
- Water Confidence
- Starting in 2018 we are offering 1 hour pool sessions to work on specific skills.
Sign up for a Paddle Canada course with our Paddling Coach: