Thank you for your interest in OutdoorsNB for your sea kayak training. We started the company in 2011 because of our passion for kayaking. That passion has transformed into a passion for teaching kayaking!
Our courses are Sanctioned by Paddle Canada, a nationally recognized paddling association. Maintaining certification in a national program ensures all info and techniques are current and up to date. This sport is ever evolving with techniques coming from all facets of the paddling industry: K1, C1, Recreational Canoe, White Water, Sea Kayaking, Flat Water Kayaking, Swift Water Rescue, Search and Rescue and Marine Navigation all play a role in developing the techniques we teach. It is important that we, as kayak coaches, be engaged in an international community that shares tips, tricks, techniques and information.
- ONB's Intro to Kayaking provides new kayakers the skills to build confidence and competence. Successful completion of this one-day course includes a Paddle Canada Introduction to Kayaking skills certificate. The basis of Paddle Canada's Kayaking programs.
- ONB's Basic Sea Kayaking provides kayakers with a slightly more in-depth and focused program geared to Sea Kayaking. Successful completion of this course includes a Paddle Canada Level 1 Sea Kayaking skills certificate.
- ONB's Coastal Sea Kayak is a focused look at navigating the coastal waters of the Bay of FUNdy. The program is typically held along coastal Charlotte County in New Brunswick and is run over 4 days.
- ONB's Intro to Kayaking Instructor provides paddlers (with an existing Paddle Canada Level 1) with a program to help them move into Paddle Canada Instructor status. Successful students will become certified Paddle Canada Intro to Kayaking instructors.
- ONB's pool clinics run fall to spring at Saint John NB's Canada Games Aquatic Center and our outdoor Evening Clinics run throughout the summer at Brundage Point River Center. We typically work on safety and rescue skills but can tailor each session as needed:
- Water Confidence
- Starting in 2018 we are offering 1 hour pool sessions to work on specific skills.
Sign up for a Paddle Canada course with our Paddling Coach: